Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day : 25 Back on this train.

So yep I didn't do shit for about a week, oh well. Project is now private on Github, had to learn that, although just ended up using the rather simple looking github for windows client.

Tried to right my own A* implementation but I wasn't able to figure out which heuristic calculation to use, said fuck it, and just brought in a free implementation instead.

Upgraded my working version of Unity to 3.5.2, and it managed to break all the animations, so had fun fixing all that crap again.

Anyways I got an objective of having a working base of the game mechanics by Friday. And almost every system is ready to go, with the exception of fancy animated GUI buttons that drop in and out depending on context which shouldn't be too hard to code, but it's not all packed together in one scene.

I just need to get around to packing this all together so it vaguely resembles a game.

Oh and the project is now supposedly turn based, I think, it's past the point where I care anymore.
Since there is only one player all that means is that instead of the game world clock updating by itself every frame, it just waits for the player to do something and gives a time cost for that action - which was already in the original design. It's not really a major change up, so yay I guess.

Back to the mental block that is what am i doing wasting time not doing this what should be simple demo gameplay scene. I just need the player object, the A* controller, some obstacles, a GUI object for the prototype menu, and a demo of the animationss. Alright alright, should be able to do this, to fight procrastination, don't think just do, it'll turn out to be shit, but whats important is keeping momentum working to make it not shit once I've started.

No comments:

Post a Comment