Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 31: An Evaluation of Remaining Work

Well here's the end of month 1. Progress slipped pretty hard that one week ago, but I'll just have to work harder to make up for it. So anyways, now is a pretty good time to step back and figure out what needs to be done next.

What we have now:
- Moving / Pathfinding and navigation, Thank you Aron Granberg, you have made an excellent implementation of A* in Unity.
- Animation, all the animations can be played along with any effects specific to that animation (Fade in/out, rotation of origin axis)

What we still need to do:
- Levels, setting up the level layouts and the underlying flow of things.
- Level graphics, we have the 3d scenes, but they need some polish before going in game.
- GUI, Unity's stock GUI isn't the most user friendly to setup and work with.
- Menus, they are kind of extensions of the GUI.
- Sound, it's been rather neglected, and I don't really have any ideas about it.
- AI, I'm not quite sure what I would be trying to implement.
- Mini games, well these weren't my responsibility, so I suppose all I need to do is make sure they integrate smoothly with everything else.

Alright, well by this list, looks like my next things to do is getting the level layouts up, then working on the GUI and menus. After that, well I'll figure it out when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment