Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year

Well it's been pretty quiet the last few months, but progress has picked up in the last few weeks. We have a functional demo, although there are numerous graphical bugs that I am currently working on.

I've been writing my own systems documentation - something I should have done months ago. It serves as a good way to communicate how my systems are intended to be used, and forces me to sit down and think hard about my design and execution choices.

With the all the gameplay systems set and the necessary code and functionality ready, designing additional levels for the complete game shouldn't take that long. However there are still three additional 3D environments incomplete, so those will be big time sinks. Oh well, I've always found making art to be more enjoyable than programming.

As for right today, I made a high quality phone asset that will likely be used often:
Creating it's own drawing coordinates and GUI system may be troublesome, but I don't actually know if it'll be a requirement. We could probably get away with leaving it as a static background item while just using the regular GUI commands to make the illusion of icons on the phone's screen.



No comments:

Post a Comment