Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 15: Git Woes

So the project I'm working on has decided to use Git for it's source control solution.

I was like, alright, it's cool I guess, I've never tried Git, but I've worked with Tortoise SVN and Dropbox, maybe it'll be as simple and friendly to use as those?

Nope, the more I read the more it seams that it wants to be a console only application where you have to explicitly type everything to get anything done. Yes, there is a GUI version, but all the main tutorials totally ignore it and focus solely on using the console version.

<begin entitled rant> Man it's 2012 already, what's with using console applications to do stuff, it's not very user friendly and just creates a barrier to entry because people have to actually dig through docs to figure out how to accomplish simple tasks instead of experimenting in a GUI environment.</end rant>

Alright, off to figure out how to get a simple text file to commit to the damn online repository.

No comments:

Post a Comment